Every year there are days we look forward to. For some, it’s Christmas and Valentine’s Day, for others it’s a birthday. But there is one occasion in particular that should be praised with the same amount of spirit and vigor as the rest — the work anniversary!
Gone are the days of gathering the group around a mediocre cake while scrambling to make sure everyone signed the from all of us card. HR and Office Managers alike are now seeking more creative and exciting ways to bring the office together to celebrate fellow colleagues’ tenures and achievements. Commemorating a work anniversary is not only a strong employee engagement, development, and retention tool but also a way to recognize and show your appreciation to a valued employee.
Try these unique and memorable themes the next time you celebrate a work anniversary!
Celebrate With What They LOVE
Among other things like balloons and flowers, here at Cater2.me we get a treat of our choice on our special day. I still remember my BaoHaus favorites that my team ordered for my one year anniversary. Even with our generous PTO policy, many of us choose to take the day off. Fortunately, I didn’t and with bao in hand, I couldn’t have been any happier.
Most Office Managers know the tastes of their fellow colleagues. If not, a simple question could turn an otherwise routine lunch into an event all employees will be looking forward to celebrating annually. What is your favorite food?
Their Favorite Cuisine
Web Developer loves pizza? Reinvent the Pizza Party!
- Zume Pizza in San Francisco adds Blue Corn Tortilla, Cilantro and Onion, Cotija Cheese, Mozzarella, Roasted Chicken and Salsa Verde to create their Chick-en-Chill Pizza.
- Denver’s Hops and Pie offers an array of toppings to create your own pizza masterpiece with options like Housemade Fresh Mozzarella, Smoked Tofu and Chorizo or expand your horizons with Blackberry BBQ Sauce, Mashed Potato Dollops or Imported White Anchovies.
- In Los Angeles, Stella Barra’s Butternut Squash Pizza is a beautifully crafted combination of Candied Bacon, Taleggio Cheese, Fresno Chilies, Green Onions, Parsley, and Oregano on top of a Parmesan Cream Sauce.
Graphic Designer is a taco fanatic?
- Kesos Taco House “keeps tacos weird” in Austin with their Bluebonnet Taco. It’s a vegetarian’s dream come true with Portobello Mushroom, Spinach, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Homemade Avocado Dressing on a Corn Tortilla.
- New Yorkers can create their own Asian-inspired taco creations with ingredients from Domo Taco like Lemongrass Chicken, Kimchi Falafel, General Tso’s Tofu and Japanese Nacho Tots.
- In the Windy City of Chicago, Cemitas Puebla offers authentic Poblano street fare with Spit Roasted Pork and Cured Steak tacos. Don’t forget to wash it down with their delicious horchata.
Celebrate As A Team
U.S. News emphasizes that “eating with your co-workers may help build camaraderie, foster deeper work relationships and boost productivity.” Kick the traditional team celebration up a notch by celebrating with a food truck, breakfast smorgasbord, or happy hour.
- Great for offices with more than fifty people
- Several options and price points available
- Unique way to celebrate and get some fresh air in the middle of a busy work day
- Great for offices of any size/budget
- Variety of options, from breakfast sandwiches to a continental spread
- Feeling more indulgent? Opt for an on-site crepe station or build your own waffle bar
- Bring the team together and design a company or employee-inspired cocktail
- Want to cut out the booze? Try having a Mocktail Hour for a delicious and healthier alternative everyone can enjoy
Celebrate by Spoiling the Employee
According to Built In Chicago, “Whether it’s your first or your fifteenth anniversary with the company, Codifyd likes to mark the occasion. First-year employees get a gift card of their choice, with gifts ramping up as the years go by…” When employees know you value their work, their satisfaction and productivity rises. Recognition motivates employees to keep up the good work and improve going forward! Try spoiling them for a work anniversary they’ll never forget.
- Desk-plosion! Surprise the “employee of honor” with an over-exaggerated and over-decorated workspace.
- Desserts all day! Satisfy sweet tooths with treats like Milk & Brookies. If you’re feeling creative ask about other unique desserts from popsicles to macaroons.
- Having trouble deciding? You can never go wrong with an Amazon gift card. Employees can purchase anything they desire from cosmetics to electronics and everything in between.
Work anniversaries are an important milestone for both the individual and the company. By celebrating a successful year of employment, employees are made aware of the vital role they play in the success of their team.
How will you celebrate the next work anniversary in your office?