Fall and early winter are a revelled time of year for many of us. As the year comes to a close, our traditions have us engulfed in celebration with family, friends, and members of our varying communities. Perhaps you feel like trading in the formal year-end holiday party for something a bit more comfortable and exciting. Look no further than Football Playoffs! Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just looking to hang with a good group of people, Playoff Football — both College and Professional — is the perfect opportunity to enjoy a great event. You can engage with friends and coworkers amidst a sense of camaraderie. And when it comes to the food, it doesn’t have to be just cheap beer, pizza, and chicken wings anymore.
Here are some fun menu ideas for the upcoming Football Playoffs:
Go Healthy FTW!
There are plenty of ways to enjoy the fever of competition with a great meal that’s good for the body and soul. And sometimes, though we mostly all enjoy it, there is a need for a break from traditional football fare. Ditch the junkier staples and dive into something off the beaten path! A great way to do all of this is with some hearty and fresh Mediterranean fare:
- Grilled Chicken & Lamb Skewers with Dill Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- Fresh Tomato, Cucumber, & Feta Salad With a Creamy Fresh Herb Dressing
- Warm Whole Wheat Pita Triangles with Baba Ganoush & Zesty Lemon Hummus
- Bite Size Falafel with Hot Sauce and Tzatziki
- Finish off the game with some Light & Fluffy Baklava with Local Honey
- Pair with Mint & Lemon Infused Water & Some Light Lager Beer
One Stop Shop – Grab A Bowl & Watch The Game
With the hustle and bustle of getting everyone set to watch the game, why not try the build your own bowl? There’s a great way to make sure everyone is fed sitting comfortably in time for kick off. You can go healthy or a little more traditional, but however you decide to go, a hearty bowl of food that gives your guests options is a real extra point. Set up the buffet, let your guests pile it on, and don’t forget to go back for seconds!
- Build Your Own Quinoa Bowl w/ Chicken, Steak, or Tofu and lots of Veggies
- Make Your Own Taco Bowl w/ Chorizo, Pulled Chicken, or Carne Asada
- Build Your Own Poke Bowl w/ Fresh Tuna, Yellowtail, or Miso Beats & Avocado
- Finish off your event with a nice Fruit Plate & Assorted Chocolates
- Pair with Lightly Flavored Sparkling Waters & Some Light Beer or White Wine
Root For The Underdog – Traditional Fare Reinvented
Sometimes you just want the comfort food — the tastes we’ve all been used to during the fall. It’s great to feel that recognizable sensation we all enjoy when it comes to those hearty, delicious seasonal menus. But maybe you can still use your party to create a unique menu for your guests — one they aren’t expecting. Include some gluten-free items, feature some vegetarian options, but of course keep it tasty and fun!
- Spinach, Ricotta, & Mozzarella Lasagna with Gluten-Free Noodles
- Sweet Potato Soup with Andouille Sausage & Kale
- Mini Sandwiches – Prosciutto & Mortadella, Chicken & Avocado, Hearty Greens
- Whole Wheat Pizza with Fresh Mozzarella & Grilled Seasonal Vegetables
- Enjoy the Second Half with an International Cheese, Nut, & Olive Plate
- Pair with Assorted Hot Teas, Prosecco, & Dry Light Red Wine
There are many ways to enjoy your Football Playoffs event, and there’s every reason to make it unique. These special moments are also a perfect opportunity for you and your guests to get involved! Pick a local charity or a cause you can come together and support and make something even more positive out of your time together. Get on social media, get it out there, but most importantly, enjoy your meals! And best of luck to your team!
No matter who you’re rooting for, we can make your Football Playoffs Party a win!