Halloween is only a few weeks away and the spooky spirit is everywhere! If your office usually lays low for this hairsplitting holiday, consider establishing some new office traditions. We’re sharing six office Halloween party ideas that are so easy, it’s frightening.
1. Boo-tiful Halloween Treats
Order a meal for your office Halloween party that makes your guests’ hair stand up… with delight!
Start your mischievous morning off with a few fall eats:
- Pumpkin Crumb Cake Muffins
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Make-your-own Oatmeal Bar with Assorted Toppings
- Apple Pie Parfaits with Granola
- Breakfast Burritos
Or some fang-tastic Halloween party food :
- Devilish Spider Eggs – Handcrafted deviled eggs topped with black olives.
- Mummies in a Blanket – A delicious and spooky Halloween spin-off of the traditional pigs in a blanket.
- Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers – Roasted poblano peppers stuffed with braised and seasoned tofu
- Traditional Candy or Caramel Apples – Since October is both “National Apple Month” and “National Caramel Month”, stock your office Halloween party with fresh apples, hand-dipped in caramel that can be covered in the topping of your choice! The topping options include M&M’s, Snickers pieces, pecan pieces, or Halloween-colored sprinkles.
2. Festive Pumpkin Decorating
There can’t be a Halloween party with no pumpkins! If hand-eye coordination with small knives is not a strength of your coworkers, no worries! Try decorating pumpkins instead of carving them. Supply tiny gourds for your team and some fun craft supplies. Grab ribbons, colorful pom poms, cheap paint and brushes, googly eyes, and permanent markers. The possibilities for decor are unlimited and guaranteed to bring out your inner child. Coupling this with a happy hour is one of our favorite Halloween office party ideas.
3. Office Halloween Costume Contest
No office Halloween party is complete without the opportunity to wear costumes. Keep it simple and let employees freestyle costume ideas, or choose a Halloween party theme like the 70’s, Great Gatsby, or famous movies!
Give out awards for the best costume, the funniest costume, the most sophisticated costume, the costume that took the most work to make, the scariest costume, and the most creative costume. Advertise the award categories in advance and provide a small gift to the winners such as a gift card.
4. Halloween Office Games
Halloween games for adults always a great team-building activity at work. They are also a great idea to boo-st your team’s productivity as they will relax for few hours to be ready for next day.
- Halloween Movie Trivia – Test everyone’s horror movie knowledge at your office Halloween party.
- Desk Trick-or-Treat – Everyone brings their treats to keep the tricks away!
- Donuts on a String – Keep your team’s hands off this tasty treat while adding some fun.
- Guess the Villain – Add the Halloween twist to a classic game by taping scary movies characters to everyone’s backs. Your team members will have to ask their co-workers for clues to guess their villain’s identity.
5. Spirited Halloween Happy Hour
Since Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, consider having a mid-week Happy Hour for co-workers to socialize and bond as a potential Halloween party idea for your office. Feel free to also use this time to judge any Halloween costume contest your office might be having. Make sure you have non-alcoholic drinks for your team as well. Ponder an apple cider or cranberry juice punch bowl. Send the winners home with a gift card for Minibar Delivery, an alcohol delivery service with an amazing selection of wines, beer and spirits. For those who might not drink, give the option of an Amazon gift card instead.
6. Office Halloween Decorations
One of the most important office Halloween party ideas includes decorating your office to give it a fun and spooky feeling. You can decorate with a group of volunteers or invite every department to decorate their area to turn it into a fun competition.