Planning an office party that people will get excited to come to and will bring your team closer together? We’ve got you covered with these 8 ideas for office party catering. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, holiday or retirement, it’s easy to spice things up with just a few ingredients.
Need inspiration? Keep reading to find out more, here.
Bring a fun element to your team with this office party catering idea: a hot chocolate bar and cookie decorating. You can even make things interesting by having people vote on who has the best cookie!
Here’s what you will need for the hot chocolate bar:
- Hot chocolate
- Various toppings (i.e. marshmallows, whipped cream, sprinkles, cinnamon sticks, etc.)
- Cute mugs
For the cookie decorating station:
- Pre-cut and baked sugar cookies (make sure they are cooled!)
- Icing of various colors
- Other fun toppings (sprinkles, chocolate chips, candies, etc.)
- Holiday napkins
- A drop box for people to place their votes!
Ice Cream Sundae Bar
An ice cream sundae bar is a classic, fun way to liven up any occasion. Whether it’s employee appreciation month, a birthday, or just a summer celebration, this one won’t disappoint.
Keep it simple with the three basic flavors: vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Then, throw in your favorite toppings such as sprinkles, various candies, cookie dough, chocolate syrup and whipped cream! If you need a dairy-free option, try a soy or coconut milk based ice cream or sorbet! That way, everyone on the team can join in.
Create-Your-Own Cocktail Competition
A create-your-own cocktail competition is a fun way to liven up your next office get together and help get the party started! Stock up with a few basic liquors like rum, vodka, whisky and bourbon. Add a few mixers to the selection, throw in some lime and lemon juice and let the games begin! Have everyone vote on who the best mixologist of the night was.
Office Party Catering Complete With a Charcuterie Board
If you want something easy, crowd pleasing and instagrammable, a charcuterie board is always a win. It’s perfect as an appetizer and you can make sure it has something for everyone.
Here are the basics to get you started:
- Choose 3-4 cheeses to feature (and make sure to include vegan cheese options!)
- A few thin-sliced meat options (i.e. prosciutto, salami, etc.)
- Various nuts and crackers
- Fruits and veggies
- Dips like hummus and spinach and artichoke
Feel free to put your own twist on it with your favorite foods!
Many cultures all over the world use tea as a way to connect and get to know each other. Bring your team closer together with an office tea party! Choose a few different teas to get you started (we like English breakfast or Earl Grey). Just make sure you have a decaf option as well! Then, put out cream and sugar so people can make their tea how they like it. Go the extra mile by adding food into the mix.
Here are some of our favorite tea time staples:
- Cucumber and chicken salad sandwiches
- Scones with clotted cream
- Tea cookies
- Various fruits and veggies
There’s something about the smell of popcorn popping that just feels nostalgic and gets people excited! Set up a popcorn station at your next office party to spice things up. A small popcorn machine will make it feel like you’re at the movies. Even if you’re just ordering in for office party catering. Make it even better with a topping bar. Obviously, you will want the basics: butter and salt. But don’t stop there! Throw in some fun add-ons like cheese and garlic, maybe even a lemon pepper seasoning? Then, if you’re feeling really crazy, put out a candy bar with M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, gummy worms and more. Your team will love connecting to their inner child and loading up on all of these fun treats!
You know it. You love it. A taco bar is never not a good idea. Especially when it comes to office party catering. It’s easy, it has something for everyone, and it is a major crowd pleaser.
Here are some ideas to help you set up yours:
- Choose two proteins to get you started — chicken and beef are usually good options
- Need a vegetarian option? Try black beans to keep it simple, or switch it up with something fun like fried cauliflower or crispy potatoes.
- Mexican rice, beans and even mixed greens are always good to have on the side.
- Alright, now it’s time for toppings. Make sure you have options for people. Onions, cilantro, cheese, sour cream and salsa are just a few, but feel free to add as many as you like.
- To finish, don’t forget the most important part — guacamole and queso!
Hosting a brunch party? Take it to the next level with this easy to throw together option — a bagel bar! Pick up some bagels from your favorite spot, add some cream cheese and toppings, and voila! A fun, customizable brunch. Our advice? Keep it simple. Start with three flavors of bagels (regular, cinnamon raisin and everything). Choose 3-4 cream cheeses and maybe throw in a few easy toppings if you want to take things up a notch (salmon, chives, sausage, eggs, spinach, tomato, etc).
We hope these office party catering ideas help bring some fun and excitement to your next office party or event! When in doubt, don’t be afraid to add a little bit of flare to the basics! And make sure you have something for everyone. Or, just call Cater2.me and we can take care of the details for you.
[inbound_forms id=”7148″ name=”Perfect Meal Checklist Download”]