We know spooky season just came to an end, but it’s not too early to start thinking about holiday catering! Like many office managers, planning for your office holiday parties may already be well under way. If not, that’s okay! We have some ideas to help you get started. After all, the most important part of the holiday season is the food, right? Read more for some festive holiday catering ideas we think will wow your team.
Holiday Happy hour
There’s no better way to kick off your celebrations than with some holiday spirits! A happy hour is a great way to bring your team together and enjoy food, drinks, conversation and maybe even holiday-themed games? Whichever way you like to celebrate, you still need drinks for a happy hour. Here are some of our favorite festive options to help get your started:
If you’re looking to celebrate the season spirit free, try a hot chocolate and apple cider bar! This is an awesome (and delicious) way to welcome in the holiday season and make the office feel extra cozy. Get the basics — the hot chocolate and the apple cider — and then create a station with some topping options so everyone can customize their own hot beverage. Here are some topping ideas:
- Cinnamon sticks
- Whipped cream
- Candy canes
- Caramel sauce
- Peanut butter
No happy hour is complete without some delicious appetizers. Make sure you feed your employees so they aren’t just filling up on drinks all night! You don’t have to do anything too fancy, but try and add in a couple of festive options to get people excited. Here are some ideas to consider.
- Charcuterie board – Just throw together a selection of meats, cheeses, nuts, spreads and more for an easy, aesthetic app that is always a crowd pleaser!
- Fruit tray – Try to include some seasonal fruits in your tray: clementines, dates, kiwi, pears, pomegranates and apples are all in season this winter.
- Cookies/treats – Sweets are one of the best parts of the holiday season! Maybe set up a cookie decoration station to see who can make the best holiday sugar cookie?
- Appetizers – From cheese balls to jalapeno poppers to shrimp cocktail, the app options are endless! Take a poll and see what your team wants to snack on during happy hour.
Not into the idea of hosting a big dinner party this year? Try switching it up and going for a holiday brunch instead! You can host this in your office or a venue close-by during your workday. It will be a nice break in the day for your team to let them know you care about them and connect as colleagues. Plus, who doesn’t love breakfast and lunch food all at the same time? Think about adding these tasty options to your office holiday brunch:
- Quiche or Eggs
- Turkey or Ham
- Festive mimosas
- Fruit Tray
- Yummy Pastries
- Classic Sides
It wouldn’t really be the holidays without sweets! We love dessert and we know you and your team will love it too. These delicious desserts can be had in addition to your holiday meal or can be brought into the office all on their own. Either way, they are sure to sweeten things up and make your team happy:
- Pumpkin and Pecan pie – have your team vote which one they like best!
- Holiday Cupcakes – always a crowd pleasure
- Chocolate Fondue bar – a fun way to bring your team together and eat chocolate!
- Bread pudding – classic, delicious and comforting during the cold months
- Gingerbread – make this fun and see who can build the best gingerbread house!
- Peppermint bark – you may just want to keep this one hidden away for yourself
- Bouche de Noel – this traditional french dessert is a great way to switch things up
Themed Holiday Catering
Maybe you aren’t interested in the traditional holiday foods and celebration. If you’re looking to step outside the box this year and do something fun and different, we’ve got you covered! Try a themed holiday celebration. Your team is probably getting enough of the turkey and ham this year anyways. They might appreciate a little variety. Here are some themes we think you’ll want to try out:
- Mexican Fiesta – Escape the cold with a taco bar, guacamole and margaritas! This will make your office feel like a tropical paradise.
- Moroccan theme – If you’re a fan of The Office, you know where this is headed. Get the party planning committee together and make this a holilday you won’t forget!
- Pho bar – The best way to warm up is with a customizable pho bar. Get your broth, your noodles, your veggies and your meat and you’re good to go.
- Italian theme – It doesn’t get better than pasta, bread and tiramisu. Winter is the best time for carb loading, right?
- Soups – Have people in the office bring in different soups to try during those cold winter months! What is the winter season if not soup season?
We hope these ideas give you the inspiration you need to start planning your holiday parties early this year! Don’t be afraid to switch it up and get creative. The most important thing is to take time to bring your team together and enjoy celebrating this holiday season as a team. Happy Holidays!